Interactive Booth Will House the Best-Selling Brands in the Industry
PORTLAND, Ore. – September 1, 2017 – To kick-off the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV), Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) will host a press conference to showcase an exciting range of on-highway and vocational trucks, along with technologically advanced engines and components. These provide the broadest range of solutions for customers looking for the most optimized fuel efficiency, safety options, durability and uptime.
The press conference will be held Monday, September 25, at 8 a.m. It will introduce guests to the variety of exciting announcements that will take place at the four-day show in Atlanta.
Afterwards, DTNA’s 70,000-square-foot booth will feature interactive displays and top-selling vehicles from Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Fuso Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans and Thomas Built Buses. Additionally, Detroit components, safety and telematics software demonstrations, Aftermarket, and financing services from Daimler Trucks Financial will be showcased.
The DTNA booth (#1612 and #1612.1) will spotlight almost two dozen vehicles and highlight several features of the Detroit Assurance® suite of safety systems via a virtual reality simulation.
“We’re excited to share new products and new ideas, including emerging technologies that improve fuel efficiency, make roads safer and address key industry issues, such as the driver turnover rate,” said DTNA’s Roger Nielsen, chief executive officer. “Daimler Trucks North America is at the forefront of not only advancing this discussion of critical issues, but accelerating the commercial availability of technologies that have immediate and lasting benefits for our customers.”
“DTNA was valuable in shaping the first NACV as a member of the show’s advisory committee,” said Joe Glionna, president of the Newcom Group of Companies, which is producing the show in tandem with Hannover Fair. “We are excited to have DTNA and all of its commercial vehicle brands represented in Atlanta,” Glionna said.
The NACV exhibit will underscore how DTNA has earned a reputation for manufacturing top-quality commercial vehicles that are more than just tools to get jobs done.
“Our trucks, vans and buses are business partners that deliver consistent performance with the latest technology to boost profits,” Nielsen said. “We build vehicles designed to stand up to demanding circumstances, performing efficiently, safely and with the driver in mind. We’re proud to be best sellers with fleets, owner-operators and commercial drivers.”
Highlights in the DTNA booth will include:
- A special-edition new Cascadia® marking Freightliner Trucks’ 75th anniversary will be showcased, as well as the latest product innovations. Additionally, the debut of the new Cascadia mid-roof XT will be on display.
- Western Star Trucks will continue celebrating 50 years of legendary awesomeness by displaying its 5700XE, 4700 and 4900 truck models. Each will feature this year’s Limited Edition 50th Anniversary appearance package and the latest productivity, technology and safety enhancements.
- Visitors to the Detroit booth can see a demonstration of a new Detroit Connect portal and mobile app, as well as learn more about new features such as Detroit Connect Analytics. Additionally, attendees can participate as the driver in the virtual reality driving experience of Detroit Assurance 4.0 in the cockpit of the new Cascadia.
- Thomas Built Buses will feature the first Saf-T-Liner® C2 school bus equipped with the new Detroit™ DD5™ medium-duty engine.
- A milestone in Elite Support-certified dealer locations will be announced.
- Alliance Truck Parts will announce the opening of several new retail stores and also launch an all-makes diesel particulate filter (DPF) program.
- An enhanced eCommerce platform for Pinnacle Truck Parts will be showcased and new technology that will enhance the service experience.
All products on display are available for purchase in the U.S.
Register for NACV by visiting https://nacvshow.com/registration, using the DTNA code FWS1245 for attendance September 26-28, 2017.
About Daimler Trucks North America
Daimler Trucks North America LLC, headquartered in Portland, Ore., is the leading heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America. It manufactures, sells, and services commercial vehicles under the Freightliner, Western Star, Detroit, and Thomas Built Buses nameplates. Daimler Trucks North America is a Daimler Company, the world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.