Jacobs’ vehicle retarding, valve actuation, and emission solutions are used by heavy and medium-duty engine manufacturers globally. It is headquartered in Connecticut with design, testing, and manufacturing capabilities and has support sites in Europe, Japan, and India with manufacturing facilities in China and the Czech Republic. ISO14001 and IATF16949 Certified.
Active Decompression Technology® (ADT)
Allows drivers to experience smoother start-ups with faster starting times and engine shutdown
without engine-induced cabin vibration. A featured technology on Jacobs’ technology demonstration vehicle.
• Eliminates engine-shutdown-induced cabin vibration
• Improves driver satisfaction
• Increases engine cranking speed for easier start-up
• Improves cold start
• Lowers cranking torque & current draw
• Reduces starter system wear
• Reduces crank and bearing starting loads and wear
• Simple, cost-effective design
• Compliments start-stop fuel savings strategies
• Increases driver willingness to use optional start-stop
facilities in China and the Czech Republic. ISO14001 and IATF16949 Certified.
2-Step Variable Valve Actuation (VVA)
Jacobs’ Two-Step Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) system is for OEMs challenged with meeting future transient emissions and fuel economy targets at a lower overall system cost.
• Reduces fuel consumption
• Optimizes compression ratio vs load
• Improves transient response
• Improves tail pipe emissions by keeping the aftertreatment system hot during low load operation
• Reduces engine-out NOx emissions
• Available for multiple valvetrain types
• Provides many benefits of a fully-flexible VVA system with a less complex, lower cost system
Cylinder Deactivation (CDA)
Deactivates cylinders at low engine loads for reduced fuel consumption
CDA deactivates cylinders at low loads to optimize thermal management and fuel economy
Jacobs’ Cylinder Deactivation (CDA) system aids in meeting stringent fuel economy standards such as the new ultra-low NOx standards and drive cycle testing.
• Fuel economy improvements through reduced pumping losses and friction
• Faster engine and aftertreatment system warm-up
• Improves efficiency in firing cylinders during low load operation
• Improves emissions by keeping the aftertreatment system hot during low load operation
• Minimizes cooling of aftertreatment during coasting
• Hydraulically actuated mechanism integrates into pushrod or bridge
• Modular and compatible with High Power Density® engine brake technology
• An optional feature of Jacobs’ Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) solutions